Wednesday 25 January 2012

Jan. 25, 2012 Comic Update

The newest 30 Days of Night came out today and I can say I nearly fell off my treadmill (yes I read comics or novels when I work out, makes the time go by much faster).  I have always been a Steve Niles fan girl (see previous link to his website), but one of the things I like about him (besides his no nonsense take on horror and none sparkly vampires) is he isn't afraid to take risks with his characters.  Also see his series of Criminal Macabre, same thing, lots of ass kicking and violence.

My second pick this week is Rachel Rising (again see links below), I wasn't sure were this was going, I kept reading and hung on and this week paid off.  For sure the best issue in the series so far.  I am glad I stuck it out with this one.

The next series, is Game of Thrones, I am a HUGE fan of these novels, I think they are the best series of books I have ever read, and I always have a book or two on the go.  The comics are wonderfully drawn and capture the spirit of the books.  Note: I loved the tv series as well and look forward to season two in April!

The ongoing Walking Dead series was the fourth read on the treadmill today, I love this series (see previous posts about the comics vs the show).  If you read the series ya know what I am talking about, if you have only see the AMC show... my god go read the comics!

I still have this weeks I, Vampire and Infestation 2 to read, but I had to get off the treadmill and make dinner and so on... will post about them later.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment